IBH Peer Specialist
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: BH FQHC - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Integrated Behavioral Health Clinician and within an interdisciplinary team, the IBH Peer Specialist provides direct services to patients in the Community Health Center (CHC) and in the community. As part of the integrated behavioral health model at the health centers, the Behavioral Health Specialist supports patients, families, and the community by providing treatment and support services, health information, community referrals, and groups/workshops. This position provides psychotherapy that includes diagnosis, assessment, and treatment and that may include psychoeducation for mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders based primarily on verbal or nonverbal communications and intervention with, and in the presence of, one or more clients. The position provides recovery-oriented peer services as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support individuals in having a voice and a choice, connecting them with community resource and services, engaging family members to strengthen natural supports, stabilizing psychiatric symptoms, relapse prevention planning, and developing a clear path to recovery. These services may be provided to a person, group or family and are aimed at assisting in the creation of skills to promote long-term, sustainable recovery. This position also assists the team and patients to maximize and enhance patient experience and choice, self-determination and decision-making in the planning and coordination of services.
Salary Range: $23.08 - $34.04
Education or equivalency:
- Preferred Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Social Work, Family Studies, or related human service field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work. Must have knowledge of peer and recovery principles and practices.
- Prior experience working in a mental health or integrated care setting is preferred.
- Preferred: Completion of a Certified Peer Support Training in Arizona
- Prefer LMSW, LCSW, LMAFT, LMFT, LAC or LPC certification through the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
- Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4) within 90 days of employment.
- Requires BLS through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center within 3 months of hire into position.
- Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid AZ issued driver's license in good standing, and must carry the AZ legally required minimum insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Requires excellent computer skills.
- Must have strong public speaking skills.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English, including professional level usage or grammar, spelling and punctuation. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on own, as well as work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with adults, families and children
- Requires knowledge of community resources and knowledge of the DSM V Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fifth Edition).
- Must have awareness and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Must have time management, flexibility and positive customer service orientation skills.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $23.08 to $34.04/hour
$23.08 - $34.04
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 39112