IBH Referral & Support Specialist MA Cert
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH FQHC - Psychiatry
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the IBH Manager, the IBH Referral & Support Specialist works with the IBH psychiatrist and IBH Clinicians providing behavioral health support to patients and their families currently receiving primary care services with the patient centered medical home model. This position coordinates, monitors, and provides medical assistant services to the IBH psychiatry provider. Demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost-effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. Performs patient care, secretarial and technical related services for the neonate through geriatric patient population in both the back and front office. This position also coordinates, monitors, and provides direct services to IBH patients, including case management and connecting individuals to community resources to address crisis situations and/or social determinates of health.
- Must meet one of the following combinations of Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Behavioral Health, OR
- Any other bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR
- Any Associates Degree and two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience; OR
- Eighteen (18) credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health and two (2) years of full-time behavioral health work experience, OR
- A high school diploma or GED and four (4) years of full-time behavioral health work experience.
- Requires graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants or Valleywise Health approved course.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a behavioral health setting that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous experience working with an interdisciplinary team.
- Incumbents hired into this position must be eligible to sit for one of the following certification exams:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification issued by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid AZ issued driver’s license in good standing, and must carry the AZ legally required minimum insurance coverage on personal vehicle at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of substance use and mental health disorders.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English, including professional level usage of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of evidence supported practices such motivational interviewing, substance abuse, trauma-informed care and other modalities specific to integrated care settings.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
Salary Range: Hourly rate: $17.54 - $25.87
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $17.54 to $25.87/hour
$17.54 - $25.87
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38647