Informatics Analyst II
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Clinical Informatics
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under direction from the Senior Nurse Informaticist and VP Grants and Research, the Informatics Analyst II is responsible for the implementation and optimization of clinical information solutions to enable delivery of safe, effective, and high quality patient care with specific focus in the areas of research. Assists with research study design, information technology design, and deployment, and facilitates work surrounding optimization of research at Valleywise Health. Provides subject matter expertise with respect to grant and research related efforts with focus on the incorporation of information technology into all aspects of studies and trials, from inception to completion. Works with clinical users and Information Technology to assist in the design, development, maintenance, training and evaluation of research as it relates to using clinical and business systems to support optimal research outcomes.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Informatics, Information Science, or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressive operational experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for required experience.
- Requires three (3) years of clinical practice or clinical informatics related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the tools and concepts used for technical and clinical components of clinical information systems.
- Prefer RN licensure or certification(s) related to informatics, clinical, or IT applications/systems.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of business considerations for research and how IT impacts those decisions, including billing of grantees and study sponsors, as well as research-specific needs of government and commercial payors.
- Must have knowledge of best practices around initiation/approval, build, maintenance/support, and completion of research studies in Epic.
- Requires the ability to conduct business requirements reviews and independently formulate logical statements of business requirements.
- Requires the ability to utilize the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to determine clinical functions that are suitable for computer applications and to ensure the information systems are consistent with professional standards of clinical practice.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills; as well as excellent oral and written communication skills, to best inform, advise and instruct.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in bridging the institution's clinical functions with the available information technology solutions, and maintain a positive and open attitude to change.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.