Informatics Analyst IV
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Clinical Informatics
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Under direction from the Director of Clinical Informatics and Chief Medical Information Officer, the position functions as the expert resource responsible for the implementation and optimization of clinical information solutions to enable delivery of safe, effective, and high-quality patient care. Takes a lead role in Information Technology design and deployment; and facilitates optimization efforts based on the organization's performance improvement objectives. Provides clinical subject matter expertise to translate data into actionable knowledge for both enhancement of daily clinical practice and administrative/system-wide review of patient care. Serves as a liaison between clinical users and Information Technology to assist in the design, development, maintenance, training and evaluation for assigned clinical and business systems to support quality healthcare outcomes. In addition, this position provides leadership in the management of departmental operations and major projects.
- Requires a Master's degree in Nursing, Informatics, Information Science, or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressive operational experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Doctorate degree is preferred and may substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience.
- Requires eight (8) years of progressively responsible clinical informatics related experience that demonstrates an advanced understanding of the tools and concepts used in technical and clinical components of clinical information systems.
- Requires RN licensure or certification(s) related to informatics, clinical, or IT applications/systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate success in the ability to lead others as well as lead projects.
- Must have knowledge of process improvement and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
- Requires the ability to utilize the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to determine clinical functions that are suitable for computer applications and to ensure the information systems are consistent with professional standards of clinical practice.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with independent judgment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including ability to inform, advise, instruct, persuade, intervening and changing.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills; as well as excellent oral and written communication skills, to best inform, advise, instruct and lead.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in bridging the institution's clinical functions with the available information technology solutions and maintain a positive and open attitude to change.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.