Injury Prevention Outreach Coordinator RN Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Trauma Services - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Trauma Program Director, the Injury Prevention and Outreach Coordinator will improve trauma care through injury prevention and education programs that focus on the application of injury prevention principles to meet the needs of the trauma center requirements. The position will provide continuing education for pre-hospital providers. The position serves as a representative to outside agencies in directing, coordinating and evaluating pre-hospital care. This position is accountable for coordinating, implementing, and maintaining injury prevention programs and outreach education through the life span. The position collaborates with the interdisciplinary team, referral hospitals, emergency medical services and community entities to create and provide educational outreach programs. All duties must be accomplished in a manner that is consistent with the Mission and Philosophy of the organization. This position will be responsible for maintaining Arizona Department of Health Base Hospital Certification, maintaining base hospital records, reports and meeting notes.
Education or equivalency:
Requires an Associate’s degree in Nursing; or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and a Master’s degree in related field or must obtain a Bachelors’ Degree with four (2) years from start date in job.
- Must have a three to five (3-5) years of nursing experience in emergency, pre-hospital, or critical care and be familiar with the care of trauma patients.
- Experience in community health promotion.
- Must have and maintain a minimum of sixteen (16) hours of trauma related continuing education per year.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within three (3) months of hire.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license.
- Prefer certification in PALS, ACLS, TNCC/ATCN, Project Management Professional (PMP), and/or in LEAN Six Sigma.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires a strong understanding of Quality Assurance/Program Improvement, Risk and Care Coordination.
- Requires considerable knowledge of emergency medical methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of state laws and regulations, regional and county policies pertaining to emergency medical service and pre-hospital care is strongly preferred.
- Must have a good understanding of Trauma patient care and Trauma, EMS and hospital transfer guidelines per Department of Health Services Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Trauma Systems in the State of Arizona.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to self-direct.
- Must possess excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Must have strong public speaking skills.
- Requires computer literacy in Microsoft applications.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual preferred.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $35.52 - $52.39