IT Security Engineer II
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: IT Security
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
This role is more than a job or a career, it’s a calling. It’s about protecting our fellow citizens when they are most vulnerable and we are proud to serve not only the Valleywise Health mission, but we protect our precious patients, our front line and future student healthcare heroes, and our business partners from cyberattacks. This position functions not only as a public servant, but as a security engineering expert as we fend off healthcare cybersecurity attacks that are dominating the headlines and we need your expertise. This is going to be a tough job that requires a dedicated & passionate Security Engineer that lives, eats, and breathes cybersecurity and you will be constantly learning and evolving. You will not be "siloed" unlike many other cybersecurity organizations because you will be required to work across the cybersecurity spectrum ranging from threat hunting to investigations and engineering solutions. Come work with some of the smartest cyber industry veterans that will technically challenge you and further your career in a strong servitude leadership environment. We hold ourselves accountable to serve you as good leaders as well. With hard work comes a reasonable salary, an extensive employee benefits portfolio, and the peace of mind that our generous voters just passed Proposition 449 to keep funding our public mission.
Under the direction of the Executive Director IT Security and Compliance this position performs strict IT security procedures and protocols, and acts as security specialist for complex technology and environments. Ensures the demonstrable Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) of Valleywise Health's information assets for authorized internal and external users; which is achieved by making computer systems and applications secure from both physical and cyber threats. The Information Technology Security Engineer will address the requirements of all four domains (Security Oversight, IT Risk, Security Engineering, and Security Operations) and focus in depth upon the domain requirements of Security Engineering.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for required experience.
- Requires at least three (3) years of progressively responsible structured systems analysis, design, development, or systems engineering related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Requires GAIC (Global Information Assurance Certificate) Certified Enterprise Defender qualification (GCED) within 18 months of accepting this position.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires ability to conduct or oversee platform studies and reliability and performance analyses and recommend changes, and design methods to achieve the security objectives of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Must be able to assist with implementation and deployment efforts of security policies and procedures.
- Must be able to create solutions to resolve complex operational problems, collaborating with vendors and users as required, and identify trends that warrant immediate attention.
- Requires ability to provide guidance to management in predicting threats and identify vulnerabilities and addressing related issues.
- Must be able to perform security audits, develop and execute complex change implementation plans; and resolve complex security related issues.
- Must be able to create, expand and maintain relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Must be attentive to communications interaction; demonstrate comprehension of detailed information; and adapt to a variety of verbal styles and modes of persuasion.
- Must be reliable; have ability to inspire performance and addresses issues effectively; and take bold and decisive action despite risks, conflicts and uncertainty.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in technical and business English.