Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist - Days - 40 hrs.
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: LAB Clinical - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Medical Technologist Supervisor, this position provides clinical support to the cytotechnologists and other health care workers by performing average to moderately complex cytologic testing on samples from neonate to geriatric patients.
- Requires a High school diploma or GED.
- Requires graduation from a certified phlebotomy program or an equivalent combination of training or experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of venipuncture and various collection techniques.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent time management skills and customer service skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Analytical skills are strongly preferred.