Lab Assistant/ Phlebotomist - Evenings - Full Time
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: LAB Clinical - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Technologist Supervisor, this position performs a variety of venipuncture techniques involved in the collection of blood specimens. Processes specimens for laboratory procedures. Completes all clerical tasks involved in specimen collection, processing and laboratory compliance.
- Requires a High school diploma or GED.
- Requires graduation from a certified phlebotomy program or an equivalent combination of training or experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of venipuncture and various collection techniques.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent time management skills and customer service skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Analytical skills are strongly preferred.