Lab Assistant/ Phlebotomist
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Technologist Supervisor, this position performs a variety of venipuncture techniques involved in the collection of blood specimens. Processes specimens for laboratory procedures. Completes all clerical tasks involved in specimen collection, processing and laboratory compliance.
- Requires a High school diploma or GED.
- Requires graduation from a certified phlebotomy program or an equivalent combination of training or experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of venipuncture and various collection techniques.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent time management skills and customer service skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Analytical skills are strongly preferred.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 27646