Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: LAB Clinical - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Collects and processes patient blood and urine specimens. Performs point of care patient testing. Completes all required clerical tasks involved in specimen collection and other clerical tasks that may be required by the individual site.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires graduation from a certified phlebotomy program or an equivalent combination of training or experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of venipuncture and various collection techniques.
- Requires basic phlebotomy skills with the ability to apply age specific knowledge when collecting specimens from all age groups; general keyboard/computer skills; ability to learn to prioritize specimens according to testing requirements; ability to work independently within the FHC laboratory; ability to effectively communicate with all patients and FHC staff; ability to perform some clerical tasks including filing.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.