Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Neonate Nursing - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular PT 24 Hours Per Week
At Valleywise, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our communities. We offer exceptional career development opportunities as well as a supportive and inclusive work environment. If you're ready for a career that makes a difference, explore what Valleywise can offer you.
The Lactation Consultant will offer support and education to patients who choose to breastfeed. This individual will provide education to staff, both medical and nursing, based on their needs.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have two to five (2-5) years experience in obstetrical, neonatal and/or pediatric providing direct consultation to lactating mothers.
- Must complete a I.B.C.L.C training program.
- I.B.C.L.C. certification and/or certified lactation consultant/educator is required.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
- Must have clinical experience and knowledge in breastfeeding consultation.