Legal Support Assistant (Pool)
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Legal Support
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
At Valleywise, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our communities. We offer exceptional career development opportunities as well as a supportive and inclusive work environment. If you're ready for a career that makes a difference, explore what Valleywise can offer you.
Under the direction of the Legal Services Manager, prepares time sensitive Superior Court filings as well as supplemental documents that are required in petitioning a patient for court ordered evaluation and treatment in County and Tribal Courts throughout
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Legal or other field is strongly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of executive secretarial or legal related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Notary Public certification or eligible to obtain certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess extensive computer skills and be proficient with MS Office suite such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio and Access.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of exceptional grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and sound judgment when working with physicians, attorneys, superior court personnel and staff as well as demonstrating ability to set priorities, detailed oriented and works as a team member.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.