Legal Support Assistant
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: BH Legal Support
Schedule: Regular FT 32 Hours Per Week
At Valleywise Health, we're on a mission to create a healthier, happier Valley for all - and we're always searching for talented, passionate people to join our team.
As the Legal Support Assistant at Valleywise Health, you will be in a rewarding and fulfilling profession. This position makes a difference in the lives of the neediest and underserved in our community. You will be working with internal and external legal and clinical stakeholders to maximize our clinical teams' efficiency in providing exceptional care to our patients. These stakeholders all play a part in the involuntary evaluation and treatment process also known as Title 36.
The Legal Support Services department serves the entire Valley with three inpatient facilities in Maryvale, Phoenix, and Mesa.
Apply now if you are passionate about helping your community and helping those experiencing a personal crisis related to their serious mental illness.
Hourly pay rate: $17.54 - $25.87
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Legal or other field is strongly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of executive secretarial or legal related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
- Notary Public certification or eligible to obtain certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess extensive computer skills and be proficient with MS Office suite such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio and Access.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of exceptional grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and sound judgment when working with physicians, attorneys, superior court personnel and staff as well as demonstrating ability to set priorities, detailed oriented and works as a team member.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.