Licensed Master Social Worker Per Diem
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Care Management
Schedule: Per Diem 8 Hours Per Week
Inspire healing, advance caring like never before and realize your potential at Valleywise Health. Valleywise is committed to delivering the highest quality care to patients and their families. Join us and make a difference in our communities.
Under the direct supervision of the Discharge Planning Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing psychosocial assessment, discharge planning, coordination, community referrals, and support/counseling on various assigned units. This position provides services for patients and families in assigned areas with a specific focus on substance abuse interventions and psychiatric service coordination. Assists patients and families in adjusting to episodes of acute and chronic illness; coping with lifestyle changes precipitated by illness or disability; participating in restorative health programs; carrying out discharge recommendations; and addressing issues of death and dying. Using a variety of treatment modalities, assists patients and families in the alleviation or resolution of social, financial, cultural and emotional problems and barriers related to the patients' successful management of issues related to illness, health care and rehabilitation.
- Requires a Master's degree in Social Work.
- Prefer recent experience providing case management services (eg psychosocial assessment, discharge planning, coordination, community referrals, and support/counseling) that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities, in acute and/or ambulatory care settings.
- Must be and maintain licensure by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as either a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Ambulatory Clinics: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate clinical knowledge and skill in case management, hospital, complex psychosocial interventions, and be well versed in community resource management.
- The position requires excellent communication and clinical skills and ability to maintain professional rapport with team members, physicians, and internal and external partners.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual a plus.
Salary Range: Flat Rate (27F) - $37.45