Licensed Practical Nurse Emergency Department
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: ED - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Quality Care for Over 140 Years. Join a community where excellence is at the core of our culture, contributions are valued and a range of benefits and rewards are available to support you and your family throughout your Valleywise career.
Provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost-effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. Under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs nursing, secretarial and technical related services for the neonate through geriatric patient population.
Education or equivalency:
- Requires graduation from an accredited Practical Nurse training program.
- One (1) year of relevant nursing experience is preferred but not required.
- Requires valid licensure as a Practical Nurse issued by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. Must have current BLS issued by American Heart Association. Certification for, venipuncture, and IV therapy from an approved training program if skills not included within program curriculum that LPN graduated from.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
Salary Range: Hourly rate: $20.52 - $30.27