Licensed Practical Nurse Per Diem Psych
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: BH Float Pool
Schedule: Per Diem 12 Hours Per Week
Works out of the Internal Resource Pool (IRP) and floats to various departments as needed. Provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. Under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs nursing, secretarial and technical related services for the neonate through geriatric patient population.
Hourly rate: $31.00
- Requires graduation from an accredited Practical Nurse Training Program.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of nursing related experience in an inpatient behavioral health setting.
- Requires valid licensure as a Practical Nurse issued by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- May require ACLS, PALS, certification for NG insertion, venipuncture, and IV therapy from an approved training program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication and time management skills.
- Must be able to float to various departments as needed.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $31/hour
Job Status: Part Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 39389