Licensed Social Worker Sr Care Management
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: Care Management
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Discharge Planning Supervisor, the Sr Licensed Social Worker is responsible for providing leadership and resources to the Care Management Department. This position assists the Supervisor with ensuring adequate staffing per each hospital unit, mentoring/preceptorship for new social workers, serves as lead for psychiatric placement dispositioning, and functioning as an expert resource. This position provides staff education on motivational interviewing and substance abuse interventions. Using a variety of treatment modalities, assists patients and families in the alleviation or resolution of social, financial, cultural and emotional problems and barriers related to the patients' successful management of issues related to illness, health care and rehabilitation. This position provides psychosocial assessment, discharge planning, coordination, community referrals, and support/counseling on various assigned units.
- Requires a Master's degree in Social Work.
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience providing social work services in an inpatient or skilled facility health setting. Prefer prior supervisory experience.
- Must be licensed by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English, including professional level usage or grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Must have knowledge of chemical dependency and mental illness.