Mammography Tech - Offsite
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: RAD Mammography Offsite
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a radiologist or Director, this position will perform mammography procedures requiring little to no supervision. Coordinates all mammography activities including daily workflow. Applies ionizing radiation for radiologic and mammographic diagnosis. Performs and documents mammography equipment quality control. Performs all requirements as mandated by the MQSA. Assists in acquiring and maintaining all documents for state and federal mammography certification and annual inspection. Provides specialized technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving and medical knowledge including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Correlates related patient data, apply physics principles in order to obtain optimal images for rendering a diagnosis.
- Requires an Associate's degree in Radiography and/or completed certificate program in Radiography.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year medical imaging experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer two (2) years mammography experience or mammography certification with the ARRT or equivalent within one year of completed training in mammography.
- Requires specialized training that consists of eight (8) hours of tomosynthesis and eight (8) hours of mammography digital imaging training obtained through either on the job training or through educational training.
- Requires RT(R) (M) certification with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or equivalent, and licensure by the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) Medical Radiologic Technology (MRT) in radiography.
- Must obtain mammography certification within one year of completed training in mammography.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.