Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Human Resources
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Director HRIS, the Benefits Manager plans and directs the overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of the organization’s health and welfare benefit programs. Ensures that the benefit program is competitive, adheres to the applicable regulations, and supports the organization’s strategic objectives.
Education or equivalency:
- Requires a bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of benefit administration related work experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a Benefit Leader or Benefit Administrator role for a healthcare organization with more than 1000 employees.
- Experience in a hospital district setting is preferred.
- Requires prior supervisory/management experience, preferably within the healthcare industry.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), Certified Equity Professional (CEP), and/or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of State and Federal regulations, filing and compliance requirements, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Workers Compensation and HIPAA.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to evaluate, design, implement, and administer self-funded health benefits, retirement plans, leaves of absence, ADA accommodations, workers compensation, and wellness programs.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of employee benefits principles, practices, procedures, and documentation, as applicable to a public institution.
- Including knowledge of open enrollment systems and procedures, ability to analyze and develop creative solutions to complex benefits issues, and knowledge of billing and collection procedures.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and key stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: (39A) $42.73 - $64.10