Manager Care Management
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Care Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the supervision of the Director of Care Management, this position will provide clinically oriented management of daily operation for the case management division. The manager will have 24/7 responsibility/accountability for the daily operations within the care management department. The manager’s main duty will be to support the coordination of patient flow including the assessment and monitoring of resources/capacity to meet the needs of the organization. This position has overall responsibility to manage the RN Care Managers, MSW/CISW staff for performance, process compliance, and educational/training needs. The manager collaborates with health care team members to identify appropriate utilization of nursing resources and to ensure resource allocation.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field. MSN preferred.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of broad clinical experience, predominately in clinical nursing and/or case management/utilization management.
- Strong clinical and care management knowledge as well as leadership experience.
- Prefer one to three (1-3) years experience in hospital case management roles or equivalent nursing leadership experience.
- Must posses a current, valid Arizona RN license and be in good standing with the AZ Board of Nursing.
- Requires Case Management Certification from American Case Management Association or Commission for Case Manager Certification within 90 days of position start date.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of current payor contracts, hospital based policy / procedures, regulatory changes, etc. ensuring the high quality and safe standard of care.
- Must be knowledgeable about critical software systems: ResQ, EdNet, STAR Bed Board, MediFax.
- Must possess intermediate computer skills for data base management and be knowledgeable about software implementation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.