Manager Clinical Lab
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: LAB Administration
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director Clinical Laboratory, the Manager Clinical Laboratory oversees the technical and support staff within assigned areas of responsibility. This position assists department management in the daily operations of the department and is available to address any issues 24/7. This position ensures quality patient care and compliance of technical and support staff to standards established within the department. Responsible for maintaining all regulatory compliance of all clinical laboratory services.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible Medical Technologist or related experience that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires prior supervisory/management experience, preferably within a clinical lab setting.
- Prefer Lean Six-Sigma training.
- Must be currently certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologies (ASCP) or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of clinical lab sciences.
- Must be able to speak publicly and give presentations on topics related for clinical science field.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and key stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.