Manager Decision Support
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Decision Support
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director of Decision Support, this position manages the day to day activities of overseeing the management of the budgeting, reporting and analysis, cost accounting, productivity and analytics, as well as supporting the organizations strategic initiatives. This position also manages and maintains all financial software applications, the annual operational and capital budgeting process, build and maintenance of cost accounting, productivity and analytics benchmarking, and monthly financial reporting. This position is responsible for providing training to finance personnel and other department managers and directors on the budget process and the financial applications that they use to perform their job. This position will act as the liaison for other departments that have a need to utilize/customize financial applications to improve the services they provide or to fulfill a business need. In addition, this position prepares queries or reports for the Director of Decision Support to assist in financial analysis, budget analysis, cost analysis, analytics benchmarking, productivity reporting, audit requests, surveys and other financial information requests.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible financial reporting analysis and budgeting experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires prior supervisory/management experience, preferably within a healthcare setting.
- CPA, MBA or MHA or other related certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of general accounting and information systems needs preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Requires hands on knowledge and use of all financial applications.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and key stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and have flexibility due to changing priorities.
- Strong customer service and communications skills are required.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: $44.87 - $67.31