Manager- Eligibility & Financial Counseling
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: Ambulatory Financial Counseling
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director Patient Access and Analytics, the Manager Eligibility & Financial Counseling oversees Eligibility and Financial Counseling operations across the entire health system. This includes multiple acute care, behavioral health and ambulatory locations. This position assists the Director with the development and administration of departmental policies and procedures that support the efficient operation of affected areas. This position is responsible for vendor management and Eligibility/Financial Counseling operations.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field; or have an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform assigned tasks.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible healthcare eligibility and financial counseling experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires prior supervisory/management experience.
- Epic Patient Access and Eligibility workflows
- Prefer Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires strong knowledge of Epic, Patient Access, and Financial Counseling workflows.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of third-party payor requirements, eligibility requirements for the state AHCCCS program.
- Must be a successful leader, creative, innovative, and have the ability to multi-task various project priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and master numerous computer applications, while also understanding information technology enough to work with the I.T. department to ensure the technological needs of the department are being met.
- Must of the ability to manage multiple facilities and care locations.
- Must be able to create and sustain cross functional leadership relationships.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to high performance and healthy morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement, and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative and independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control, and coordinate activities.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English. Bilingual preferred.