Manager HIM Operations
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Health Information Management - Operations
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director Health Information Management, this position plans and leads the transformation of the operational and application activities and support within the Health Information Management Department to achieve sound electronic health information management, legal and regulatory, system support and management in partnership with the Information Technology department to assure an accurate and complete legal health record for Valleywise Health. This position serves in a bridge role, connecting clinical, operational, technical and administrative functions. In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, this position defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls and programs to ensure the enterprise legal health record data is accurate, complete, secure and reliable. This position is also responsible for development, management and oversight of the Healthcare Documentation Integrity (HDI) program. This position combines managerial responsibilities with demonstrated technical and operational expertise. This position is responsible for reviewing and delivering information that can be used to make informed business decisions, and that the provided information is accurate, relevant and error free. This position may act as a master change agent responsible for assisting with the planning, supervision and coordination of all department quality improvement projects and cost saving initiatives. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with HIPAA privacy and security regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of Protected Health Information, promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
- Requires an Assocuate's degree in Health Information Management, Information Technology or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that results in the required specialized knowledge and ability to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree.
- Prefers a Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management, Information Technology or related field.
- Requires seven (7) years of progressively responsible Health Information Management and/or Revenue Cycle operations and systems support experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires prior supervisory/management experience, preferably within Health Information Management.
- Requires current certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Tech (RHIT) through AHIMA or must be able to obtain within 18 months.
- Epic and Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of Health Information Management federal, state laws, and regulatory bodies as it pertains not only to Health Information Management and related health information management processes, but Revenue Cycle Management.
- Must understand complete life cycle of healthcare industry activities and align HIM and IT development activities to optimally achieve business results.
- Requires strong knowledge of HIPAA regulations and DNV standards.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and key stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with independent judgment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including ability to inform, advise, instruct, persuade, intervening and changing.
- Requires the ability to read, write, speak and communicate effectively in English.
Salary Range: $42.73 - $64.10