Manager IT Applications - Radiology IT - Epic Radiant
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: IT Clinical Applications Services
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director Applications, this position manages the continuing deployment, development, and ongoing support of clinical application software necessary to systems within a large integrated hospital system. The incumbent supervises staff that support present and future software applications and their workflow processes; sets priorities and goals that achieve specified outcomes; provides strong leadership skills that encourage staff growth and motivation; demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines; provides measurable customer service, and performs duties within Valleywise Health missions and values.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree.
- Requires seven (7) years of progressively responsible professional level IT Clinical, Financial, or Business Applications related experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Requires prior direct or indirect supervisory/management experience preferably in a healthcare IT environment.
- Project management concepts and/or training required.
- If applicable to application(s) assigned to support, certification(s) for the specific business, clinical, or financial IT application(s)/system(s) is required and must be kept up to date.
- In addition, prefer professional clinical licensure (eg. RN, Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy, etc) if supporting clinical application systems.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is also preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate success in the ability to lead others as well as lead projects by projecting a positive attitude and possess the ability to motivate a team.
- Prefer experience utilizing progressive discipline methods.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Prefer experience developing, monitoring and controlling operating and capital budgets.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and technology stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Maintains accountability for the timely resolution of specific issues and problems within a particular area, application, database, technology or system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with independent judgment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including ability to inform, advise, instruct, persuade, intervening and changing.
- Must be able to collect and analyze complex data.
- Requires the ability to perform workflow analysis and translate the outcome into definable software functionality.
- Must have ability to exercise considerable individual judgment and initiative in conducting the necessary facilitation and resolution of application/system design.
- Requires the ability to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct effective presentations; assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.