Manager IT Applications - Remote
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: IT Business Applications & Solutions
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Key Skill sets: EMR, Epic Resolute Certification and Hospital Revenue Cycle.
Under the direction of the IT Director Applications, this position is responsible for managing the delivery of IT business applications and reporting solutions and services utilizing a variety of applications, principally McKesson, KRONOS, EPIC, as well as other applicable reporting and analytic platforms. The position combines managerial responsibilities with a demonstrated technical expertise. The Manager is responsible for appropriate staffing, staff management, performance management and overall scheduling. This is a highly visible leadership role that will be in front of client executive leadership to provide progress reports, forecasts, or analysis of various situations regarding the support of all Valleywise Health Business Applications. This position will deliver Valleywise Health business related technology solutions in accordance with the directives laid out within the Valleywise Health IT strategy and Valleywise Health architectural framework, principles and guidelines.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree.
- Requires seven (7) years of progressively responsible professional level IT Clinical, Financial, or Business Applications related experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Requires prior direct or indirect supervisory/management experience preferably in a healthcare IT environment.
- Experience must include the management and oversight of IT business application development and solutions delivery in an enterprise IT environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be capable in all conventional aspects of a discipline or business process who regularly delivers commercially valuable IT solutions/results based on broad and deep professional and business experience.
- Must understand complete life cycles of healthcare industry activities (outside of IT) and align IT development activities to optimally achieve business results.
- Must demonstrate success in the ability to lead others as well as lead projects by projecting a positive attitude and possess the ability to motivate a team.
- Prefer experience utilizing progressive discipline methods.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Prefer experience developing, monitoring and controlling operating and capital budgets.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and technology stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Maintains accountability for the timely resolution of specific issues and problems within a particular area, application, database, technology or system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with independent judgment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including ability to inform, advise, instruct, persuade, intervening and changing.
- Must be able to collect and analyze complex data.
- Requires the ability to perform workflow analysis and translate the outcome into definable software functionality.
- Must have ability to exercise considerable individual judgment and initiative in conducting the necessary facilitation and resolution of application/system design.
- Requires the ability to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct effective presentations; assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.