Manager Patient Access
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Peoria
Department: VCHC Registration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director Patient Access & Analytics, the Manager Patient Access oversees the operations of the Registration areas throughout the Family Health Center (FHC). This position assists the Director with the development and administration of departmental policies and procedures which support the efficient operation of all processing areas. Responsible for Registration workflows for the FHC for efficient revenue capture. This position is responsible for performance and effectiveness of these department(s). Provides leadership and contributes and is responsible for meeting the goals of the organization, as well as meeting regulatory compliance requirements. This position will work closely with the Director Patient Access & Analytics to align processes and procedures with Valleywise Health policies at an assigned facility or market.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field; or have an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform assigned tasks.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible healthcare admitting or patient financial services experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires prior supervisory/management experience.
- Specialized training in Epic patient access workflows.
- Prefer Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) certification.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires strong knowledge of Epic patient access workflows.
- Ability to balance numerous priorities, therefore requiring great skills in prioritization.
- Ability to understand and master numerous computer applications, while also understanding information technology enough to work with the I.T. department to ensure the technological needs of the department are being met.
- Requires knowledge of third party, managed care and preadmission review requirements, medical terminology.
- Must have knowledge of front end process of outpatient specialty services.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and key stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual preferred.