Manager Rehab Services
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Therapy & Respiratory Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director of Respiratory and Rehabilitation Services, this position provides leadership, plans, directs, and supervises activities to support the operations of the Rehabilitation Services Department. Rehabilitation. The position will oversee the Rehabilitation Services department’s quality of service, resource management, labor relations, budgetary management, program development, and operational and clinical competencies. They will also assist with special projects as assigned and all quality, process-driven needs of the Rehabilitation Service line as directed. This individual is also responsible for the daily operation of all aspects of therapy services, in accordance to policy, protocol, statute, regulation, and direction received.
Education or equivalency:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech Language Pathology. Prefer a master’s or doctorate degree.
- Must have minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible clinical rehabilitation (eg Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Language Pathology) experience that demonstrates a strong level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires prior supervisory/management experience, preferably in a clinical rehab setting.
- Prior experience with exposure to burn patients is preferred.
- Must have an active license by State of Arizona in specified rehabilitation therapy field.
- Physical or occupational therapy preferred, but speech-language pathology will be considered with appropriate qualifications.
- Requires BLS.
- A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a wide range of knowledge and skills in order to provide therapy services in specific area of expertise (PT, OT, or SLP).
- Must be able to evaluate, plan, and implement treatments designed to help patients function independently; observe patients and determine effects of treatments; instruct patients and families in home programs and basic living skills; and document all pertinent information in patient’s medical record.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Requires the ability to interact effectively with administration, physicians, and all other disciplines in the health system.
- Must be able to deal effectively with outside vendors, agencies, and other medical facilities’ staff.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: Hourly Rate: $42.73 - $64.10