Manager Value Based Data Analytics
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Managed Care Contract Admin
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Reporting directly to the Director of Value-Based Performance, the Value-Based Data Analytics Manager is a key position on the Managed Care Team that will support the implementation of the strategy to grow and improve performance under Value-Based Agreements. All Value-Based Programs will be developed in partnership with Leadership and the Value-Based Program (VBP) Workgroup. This role will directly interface with internal and external matrix partners as appropriate to provide data and analytics that ensure operationalized efforts are optimal; and will focus on optimizing the use of Valleywise Health facilities, providers, and resources. Will work in cross-functional groups to drive the development of actionable data analyses/reports to deliver quantifiable results and have a high level of responsibility, requiring excellent management skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to all levels of leadership.
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Retirement Match in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more!
Annual Salary Range: $93,496.00 - $137,904.00
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, Healthcare Management, Finance, Public health, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that results in the required specialized knowledge and ability to perform the assigned work.
- Prefer master’s degree in business, Healthcare Management, Finance, Public health, or related field or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that results in the required specialized knowledge and ability to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of project/program management, business analysis, population health, or Value-Based care-related experience that demonstrates a high-level understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Prefer EPIC experience.
- Prefer Six Sigma certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of HEDIS and HEDIS reporting.
- Must have experience with data interpretation, analysis, and reporting, clinical and financial data, predictive modeling and forecasting, and key performance indicators as they relate to medical cost data.
- Must have knowledge of medical and behavioral claims data.
- Must have knowledge of business intelligence applications, data, and tools.
- Must have knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid Reimbursement methodologies.
- Preferred to have experience integrating data from multiple sources into a single, comparable format preferred.
- Must have advanced Excel skills.
- Must have the ability to introduce new ideas, processes, measures, and tools to improve health system efficiency and VBP performance.
- Must have knowledge of strategic and financial acumen to define and track progress against strategy and drive focus areas, priorities, and execution across markets.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, regarding any type of financial, operational, or strategic item of importance in the business.
- Must have high emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and success navigating diverse stakeholder groups.
- Must have a keen sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results.
- Must have the ability to engage stakeholders and foster respect and shared accountability.
- Must have the ability to perform under pressure with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do.
- Must have a strong work ethic and passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution.
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset with knowledge and experience in high-growth business environments, including the ability to roll up sleeves and dig into the details of the work.
- Must have the ability to partner successfully with and communicate with leadership and physicians in a patient and provider-centric manner to affect change and improve processes and outcomes.
- Must have the ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the required relationships to influence and generate results; can quickly influence market partners to take action.
- Must have the ability to get into the details of operations to drive execution, along with the ability to quickly pivot between strategy and operations.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of healthcare financial and operational data and reporting as well as healthcare technology.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.