Medical Assistant Certified II
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: FQHC Medicine Clinic - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the FHC/CHC Manager or designee, this position provides professional skilled age specific care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. This position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. Performs patient care, secretarial and technical related services for the neonate thru geriatric patient population in both the back and front office. As a Senior Medical Assistant, this position provides on-going training to existing Medical Assistant staff and department orientation/training to new Medical Assistant staff. This position creates and maintains daily Medical Assistant duties/assignments accommodating changes in staff availability and provider schedule changes. In addition, this position monitors departmental/rotational tasks including but not limited to supply maintenance, equipment cleaning, and specimen handling.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires graduation from an accredited CAAHEP or ABHES program for Medical Assistants.
- Requires at least three (3) years of Medical Assistant experience relevant to the population and scope of care and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must successfully complete the MIHS computer class upon hire.
- Must be credentialed as either a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologics (AMT).
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people. Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
- Basic business office, clinical skills, and computer skills preferred.