Medical Assistant Certified Pediatric Clinic
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: FQHC Pediatric Clinic - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
At Valleywise Health, we're on a mission to create a healthier, happier Valley for all - and we're searching for talented, passionate people to join our team. When you join the Valleywise Health family, you become a valuable part of our mission, vision, and culture. We strive to cultivate an atmosphere of excellence and are committed to ensuring innovation, education, and respect.
As a Community Health Center Medical Assistant, you will be a vital team member providing exceptional care to our patients. Our clinical team includes nurses, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and medical assistants. Departments include pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, HIV/AIDS, internal medicine, and family practice.
We are looking for those medical assistants passionate about providing care to the underserved population. We have a dynamic, collaborative, friendly staff ready for you to join.
As a Medical Assistant, you will utilize your clinical skills to provide back-office clinical care, including obtaining vital signs, administering medications and vaccines, assisting providers with procedures, and communicating with patients in person and by phone.
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Match in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants or Valleywise Health approved course.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of relevant related experience, preferably in a clinic setting.
- Requires a BLS card through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at the time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for a fingerprint clearance card.
- Incumbents hired into this position must be eligible to sit for one of the two following certification exams:
- The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification issued by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- The Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification issued by American Medical Technologists (AMT)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management, and leadership skills.
- Behavioral Health Departments- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under ARS Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member's scope of practice.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $18.24 to $26.90