Medical Assistant Float POOL
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: Ambulatory Float Pool
Schedule: Per Diem 16 Hour Per Week
At Valleywise Health, we're on a mission to create a healthier, happier Valley for all - and we're searching for talented, passionate people to join our team. When you join the Valleywise Health family, you become a valuable part of our mission, vision, and culture. We strive to cultivate an atmosphere of excellence and are committed to ensuring innovation, education, and respect.
As a Community Health Center Medical Assistant, you will be a vital team member providing exceptional care to our patients. Our clinical team includes nurses, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and medical assistants. Departments include; pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, HIV/AIDS, internal medicine, and family practice.
As a Medical Assistant, you will utilize your clinical skills providing back office clinical care, including activities such as obtaining vital signs, administering medications and vaccines, assisting providers with procedures, and communicating with patients both in person and by phone.
We are looking for those medical assistants with a passion for providing care to the underserved population. We have a dynamic, collaborative, friendly staff ready for you to join.
- Prefers a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants or Valleywise Health approved course
- Prefer at least one (1) year of relevant related experience, preferably in clinic setting.
- Requires a BLS card through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
- Incumbents hired into this position must be eligible to sit for one of the two following certification exams:
- The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification issued by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- The Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification issued by American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
- Various schedule options are available. Must be able to float to any two of the three regions:
- WEST- Avondale, El Mirage, Maryvale, Glendale, Sunnyslope
- CENTRAL - McDowell, 7th Ave, South Central, CHC, Sunnyslope
- EAST - Chandler, Mesa, Guadalupe
Salary Range: Flat Rate- $22.00 hourly