Medical Assistant GI Specialty Clinic
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: CHC GI Clinic - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 32 Hours Per Week
Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix provides compassionate care for your entire family, whether you need general or specialty services. We're on a mission to create a healthier, happier Valley for all - and we're always searching for talented, passionate people to join our team. Check out our benefits:
Medical Assistant Job Summary
Under the clinical direction of the Physician, Physician Assistant and/or Midlevel Provider, and under operational direction of the FHC/CHC Manager or designee, this position provides professional skilled, age specific care for patients in collaboration with all disciplines. This position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost-effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. Performs patient care, secretarial and technical related services in both the back and front office.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants or Valleywise Health approved course.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of relevant related experience, preferably in clinic setting.
- Requires a BLS card through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
- Incumbents hired into this position must be must be eligible to sit for one of the two following certification exams:
- The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification issued by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- The Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification issued by American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
- Behavioral Health Departments- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.