Medical Assistant Ortho Clinic
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: Orthopedic Clinic - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the clinical direction of the Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant and under the operational direction of the Federally Qualified Health Center/Comprehensive Health Center Clinic Manager, this position provides professional skilled, age specific care for patients in collaboration with all disciplines. This position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. Performs patient care, secretarial and technical related services for the neonate through geriatric patient population in both the back and front office.
Hourly Pay Rate: $18.24 - $26.90
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- Requires graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants or Valleywise Health approved course.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of relevant related experience, preferably in clinic setting.
- Incumbents hired into this position must be eligible to sit for one of the following certification exams:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification issued by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification issued by American Medical Technologists (AMT), or
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) issued by National Health Career Association (NHA).
- A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is required at time of hire.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.