Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: FQHC Medicine Clinic - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
If you’re like us, you’re committed to helping your neighbors and their families realize their full potential to live healthy and well. As the area's only public health system, Valleywise Health offers a network of Community Health Centers in neighborhoods across the Phoenix metro area with primary care services. We’re always looking for ways to help our neighbors; because we’re stronger when we work together. Let's work together, side-by-side, to raise awareness about health, housing, economic development and public safety issues to help keep people out of emergency rooms.
Under the clinical direction of the Physician, Physician Assistant and/or Midlevel Provider, and under operational direction of the FHC/CHC Manager or designee, this position provides professional skilled, age specific care for patients in collaboration with all disciplines. This position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. Performs patient care, secretarial and technical related services for the neonate thru geriatric patient population in both the back and front office.
- Prefers a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants or Valleywise Health approved course.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of relevant related experience, preferably in clinic setting.
- Requires a BLS card through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
- Incumbents hired into this position must be eligible to sit for one of the two following certification exams:
- The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification issued by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- The Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification issued by American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent communication, time management and leadership skills.
- Behavioral Health Departments- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.