Medical Staff Coordinator
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Medical Staff Affairs
Schedule: Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Medical Staff Services Manager, this position credentials Medical Staff and qualified advanced practitioners at Valleywise Health and provides coordination for Medical Staff activities.
- Requires an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field of work; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible administrative experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prior experience as a Medical Staff Services Professional, health plan/physician private practice professional is preferred.
- Must have Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional in Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) certification within thirty-six (36) months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of credentialing concepts, The Joint Commission (TJC), DNV, CMS, and NCQA standards, Medicare and AHCCCS requirements and be adept in interpretation of medical staff bylaws, credentialing policies, and medical staff policies and procedures.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Software, and Cactus.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, aptitude for detail, good teamwork, and excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must possess keyboard proficiency.