Medical Technologist - Per Diem
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: LAB Clinical - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem - Part Time 8 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Medical Technologist Supervisor, this position provides clinical support and diagnostic direction to physicians and other health care workers by performing and evaluating moderate to high complexity testing on patients from neonates to geriatrics.
- Requires a Bachelor's or Associate's degree in a certified Medical Technology program or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Prefer prior experience working as a technologist.
- Eligible to be certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires excellent time management skills and customer service skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Analytical skills are strongly preferred.