Mental Health Worker
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Mesa
Department: BH Unit 2 Adolescent - Mesa
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Performs a variety of routine activities to provide physical and psychological care to patients in the psychiatry department. The patient population carries a primary mental health diagnosis and is 18 years of age or older.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer a minimum of at least six weeks of experience working in a behavioral health setting.
- Must be able to complete Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training upon hire.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate the skills and knowledge to provide behavioral health services to adults over the age of 65, individuals with substance abuse, individuals who are seriously mentally ill, individuals who have co-occurring disorder, and/or individuals who may be victims or perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $15.00 to $22.13