Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: FQHC Antepartum Testing - Phoenix
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of an appropriate physician or supervisor, performs obstetrical diagnostic/therapeutic procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and imitative. Assumes responsibility for tasks and procedures as assigned. Demonstrate a solid understanding of maternal and fetal physiology and be able to distinguish between normal and abnormal. Responsible for a variety of advanced level sonography for women experiencing a high-risk pregnancy (and unborn baby) using established AIUM protocols. These ultrasounds include but are not limited to, first trimester ultrasounds, NT, detailed anatomy ultrasounds in the second and third trimester, complete and follow-up ultrasounds, transvaginal cervical ultrasounds, BPP, Dopplers, Amniocentesis, multiple gestation.
Hourly Pay Rate: $36.94 - $54.49
- Requires an Associate’s degree in Radiography and/or completed certificate program in Ultrasound.
- RDMS Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer certified in OB/GYN preferred.
- Prefers one (1) year prior High Risk OB sonographer experience within an MFM/Perinatology office.
- Must have to be certified in OB sonography by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Preferred additional certification in NT (Nuchal Translucency) and CLEAR (Cervical Length Education and Review).
- Requires BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.