Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Centralized Telemetry Monitoring - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Nurse Manager, this position provides monitoring surveillance on a special care unit by assisting in the detection of dysrhythmias through observation of the cardiac monitor screens.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer completion of an accredited Unit Technician school for Monitor Technician.
- Prefer one (1) year previous Monitor Technician and Unit Coordinator experience.
- Must have successfully passed a Basic EKG course.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and be proficient in the use of computer programs such as Microsoft Office.