MSW Psychiatric Liaison
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: BH Care Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager Psych Care Management and within an interdisciplinary team, the MSW Psychiatric Liaison performs professional social work service for psychiatric adult, adolescent and geriatric patients. This position provides psychosocial assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, discharge planning, psychotherapy, and utilization review. This position coordinates all aspects of the court ordered process including interviewing and substituting witnesses and serving as a liaison with the mental health court.
- Requires a Master's of Social Work.
- Prefer at least one year of experience working with seriously mentally ill or in a mental health setting.
- Prefer LMSW or LCSW licensure through the AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of community resources and knowledge of DSM V.
- Must have awareness and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, as well as work effectively with a multidisciplinary team with adults, families and children.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Time management, flexibility and positive customer service orientation is necessary.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.