Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Pool NICU
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Neonate Nursing - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 4 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of an attending Neonatologist, examines, diagnoses, and treats sick newborns to save lives and/or improve the quality of newborn lives.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Experience as Level III NNP is preferred.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Must have Arizona Certificate of Extended Nursing Practice.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. NRP certification is required.
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) issued dispensing license is required.
- National NNP certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of prescribing and dispensing medications, neonatal resuscitation, intubation, lumbar puncture, and umbilical catheterization.
- Must have ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Must have excellent communication, time management, and customer service skills.
- Computer knowledge with Windows based systems is a plus.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is a plus.
Salary Range: Pool Rate (39P) - $65.80