Network Systems Engineer III
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: IT Infrastructure & Operations
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
At Valleywise Health, we’re on a mission to create a healthier, happier Valley for all - and we’re searching for talented, passionate people to join our team. When you join the Valleywise Health family, you become a valuable part of our mission, vision, and culture. We strive to cultivate an atmosphere of excellence and are committed to ensuring innovation, education, and respect.
As a Network Systems Engineer III, you will become a key part of our talented Network Engineering Team. You will be instrumental in designing and implementing secure network solutions. You will be involved in service delivery process improvement and opportunities to drive network automation. You will perform troubleshooting/resolution and root cause analysis of issues. You will collaborate and engage with other teams to ensure compliance and successful solution deployment.
The ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience and comprehensive understanding of network services and networks such as TCP/IP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, DMVPN. The technology specific experience would include Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, Infoblox, and python. Platform automation technology experience would be beneficial. The candidate would be local to Phoenix to support networking equipment installed in numerous locations across the Phoenix Metro area.
Your experience and dedication will ensure Valleywise Health critical systems stay online to support patient care and the best possible patient experience.
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Retirement Match in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience; and a Doctorate degree may substitute for all required experience.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible Healthcare Registration related experience demonstrating a high level of understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must have management/leadership experience in patient registration, insurance verification, eligibility, and financial counseling.
- Operations within a multi-facility organization and/or highly automated environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Epic and eligibility products and hospital and professional billing expertise.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of third-party payer requirements, state AHCCCS program and Business Office operations eligibility requirements, and Federal and State Fair Debt Collection Regulations.
- Requires knowledge of all aspects of the Collection Department, including Medicare, AHCCCS, Commercial, Managed Care, Work Comp, and Self Pay guidelines and billing.
- Understanding cash application and reconciliation principles, including impact on financial reporting, is necessary.
- Requires understanding of credit, refunds, bad debt, charity care qualification, self-pay processing, and general customer service principles to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Requires knowledge of healthcare accounts receivable management concepts, including in-depth knowledge of the state reimbursement and regulatory environment to ensure compliance with State regulations regarding patient and insurance billing issues.
- Must have a working knowledge of the principles and fundamentals of record keeping and business writing, as well as general administrative procedures, such as payroll, vendor management, and purchasing.
- Must be able to create and execute an annual operating plan that is a significant component of the Valleywise Health IT operational plan and budget.
- Requires the ability to be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and AHCCS Data Base.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
In this role, a successful candidate will have the following:
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Federal compliance and OIG initiatives that impact the healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of hospital operations and patient flow to identify and analyze potential sources of error or patient dissatisfaction.
- The ability to successfully select, organize, develop, and lead a team of managers and staff is necessary.
- Ability to decide how to allocate people, time, and other resources to accomplish an operating or project plan on time and within budget.
- Have solid analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control, and coordinate Registration and Eligibility activities.
- Within 18 months in position must possess certification in a minimum of two (2) converged domains (advance level) that demonstrates a technical understanding and literacy within the areas of converged specialization viz. domains of Compute, Storage, Networking, Data Center and infrastructure Services.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Salary Range: $39.96 - $58.94
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $39.96 to $58.94/hour
$39.96 - $58.94
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38231