Nuclear Medicine Technologist Pool
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: RAD Nuclear Med - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 4 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager Medical Imaging, performs diagnostic/therapeutic procedures, requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. Assumes responsibility for tasks and procedures as assigned. Performs data entry operations using appropriate hospital software package. Provides specialized technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving and medical knowledge including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Correlates related patient data, apply physics principles in order to obtain optimal images for rendering a diagnosis.
- Requires an Associate's degree from an accredited Nuclear Medicine Program.
- Requires six months to one year Nuclear Medicine Technologist experience.
- Requires certification in Nuclear Medicine by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or licensed by the Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification Board (NMTCB).
- Must be licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) Medical Radiologic Technology (MRT).
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have considerable knowledge of Nuclear Medicine theories, procedures, techniques and computer applications as well as the principles of radiation protection as related to the safe handling, storage and disposal of radioactive isotopes.
- Must be familiar with established policies and procedures as required by the ARRA.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbal and written and possess good organizational skills in relation to maintenance of patient records to document receipt and distribution of radioactive materials.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.