Nurse Manager Step Down Care Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Nursing Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
This position provides clinical management, leadership, coordination, and operational direction for areas of responsibility. Serves as the tactical point person as it relates to patient care, staff development, physician relationships, quality initiatives, program development, and system-wide success. Ensures evidence-based patient care by creating an environment that encourages the use of research in practice. Supervises employees and participates in selection, orientation, counseling, evaluation, and staff scheduling.
This for the Step-Down/ Adult Progressive Care Unit
Quality Care for Over 140 Years. Join a community where excellence is at the core of our culture, contributions are valued and a range of benefits and rewards are available to support you and your family throughout your Valleywise career.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing. Prefer a Master's degree in Nursing.
- Must have at least five (5) years of clinical experience with two to three (2-3) years demonstrated leadership experience relevant to the patient population and scope of care of the department.
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona RN license and be in good standing with the AZ Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months. ACLS, PALS, ATNC or other certifications may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Computer knowledge with Windows based systems is a plus.
- Behavioral Health Departments - Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $43.22 to $63.75