Nursing House Supervisor Assistant psych
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: BH Staffing Office
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a Nurse Manager (or Executive Director of Nursing [DON]), in collaboration with the Nursing House Supervisor, the Nursing House Supervisor Assistant provides professional skilled age-specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration, identifying nursing problems, plans of care, provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies, functions as a client advocate and educator, completes and processes all required documentation, indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed, and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment.
Education or equivalency:
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing.
- 2 years prior Behavioral Health RN experience within Valleywise Health which demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
- Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
- CPI certification and BLS Card training will be provided upon hire/transfer to BH department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication, time management, and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: Hourly Rate: $35.52 - $52.39
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $35.52 to $52.39/hour
$35.52 - $52.39
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38373