Nursing House Supervisor - Patient Logistics - Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Patient Logistics Center
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the supervision and direction of the Nurse Managers and Nursing Directors, this position will function as a nursing leader and a clinical resource to staff nurses, assume responsibility for coordination of clinical services hospital-wide, coordinate and supervise nursing personnel and direct other ancillary departments as needed. Facilitates admission, discharge and transfer of patients throughout Valleywise Health, ensures safe staffing mix and levels for inpatient units, and supporting nursing needs in the outpatient areas. Promotes patient rights and functions as an advocate and educator. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to patient assessment, medication administration, identifying nursing problems, plans care, provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies. Other responsibilities include staff development, physician relationships, quality initiatives, departmental, interdepartmental and inter-professional quality improvement projects. Ensures nursing care meets or exceeds evidence based practice standards. Troubleshoots all aspects of nursing care and takes appropriate action based on analysis. This position will be responsible to make administrative decisions necessary to maintain the operation of the hospital during assigned hours as a representative of the Nursing Directors, Nurse Managers and Administration. Provides professional, highly skilled nursing care for critical care, medical/ surgical, adolescents through geriatric and maternal health and child patients.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience as a registered nurse, with at least two (2) of those years being recent in critical care nursing.
- Prefer four (4) years of critical care experience with one (1) year recent acute MS and/or Pediatrics experience.
- Within six (6) months of hire must complete FEMA training.
- Conscious Sedation training will be required within three (3) months of hire.
- Annual training on EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act) requirements.
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona RN license and be in good standing with the AZ Board of Nursing.
- BLS, ACLS and PALS obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within three (3) months of hire.
- TNCC, CRRT, ACC, TNS, NRP, BTLS, or CCRN certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must. Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of Windows based programs, Outlook and Word, Kronos, MIDAS, and Epic.