Occupational Health Specialist- Medical Assistant
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Employee Health & Wellness
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the general supervision of the department Director, this position supports the Valleywise Health Employee Health and Wellness mission and vision to provide high quality, efficient, and valuable Employee Health and Wellness services and innovate and grow Employee Health and Wellness services that will improve the health and wellness of the customers we serve. Other duties include; performing a variety of venipuncture techniques involved in the collection of blood specimens, pre-employment and annual screenings, data entry, and supporting functions of the Department Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires one (1) year of phlebotomy or related medical experience preferably in an employee healthcare/clinic environment that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Requires completion of a phlebotomy training course or equivalent experience.
- Certification as a Phlebotomist is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of venipuncture and various collection techniques, processing, and labeling and storing patient specimens according to departmental procedures using standard techniques and equipment.
- Must have a general knowledge of business support tasks such as data entry, file management, and phone skills.
- Must be able to adhere to all policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory agency requirements, OSHA, CMS, DNV, and ADHS.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires excellent time management skills and have ability to quickly prioritize tasks.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and ability to function as a team player.
- Must possess basic computer skills in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.