Occupational Therapist Pool Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Occupational Therapy - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 16 Hour Per Week
Under the general direction of the Clinical Supervisor Rehab, this position evaluates, plans, and implements appropriate treatment programs designed to help patients function independently. This position will evaluate progress, instruct the patient/family, and coordinate treatment with after care services to facilitate the rehabilitation of patients following disease, injury, or congenital defect. This position will instruct, motivate, safeguard and assist patients with therapeutic exercises and modalities as well as observe patients and determine effects of treatments.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of clinical OT experience in inpatient and outpatient services (therapy school experience acceptable).
- A current Arizona state Occupational Therapy licensure is required.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Occupational Therapy Department: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients and staff members.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet designated deadlines is required.