Operating Room Scheduler II
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Perioperative Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Business Manager or Clinical Resource Leader, this position performs all the responsibilities of the Operating Room Scheduler I, along with the additional responsibilities of inputting data into the surgical and billing systems. Works closely with the other Operating Room Schedulers to ensure codes are input correctly to capture all charges for the operating room.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years healthcare scheduling related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous patient charging, billing and reimbursement experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates competence in all procedural and applicable computer programs.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills to be an effective team member and interact with physicians, patients and co-workers.
- Must be able to work independently, coordinating and assimilating multiple pieces of data to accomplish required tasks.
- Proven ability to deal with and maintain personal and highly confidential information.
- Requires medical terminology, knowledge of anatomy and physiology and an understanding of the seamless flow of the patient through the hospital experience.
- Must have knowledge of HIPPA and basic coding principles, state and federal laws, and regulatory bodies as it pertains not only to billing, scheduling and to medical record processes.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: $16.87 to $24.88